Sunday 10 October 2010

Some good advice...

This weekend life put me back in contact with a very old friend (bless Facebook) - its been 10 years since we saw each other, or round abouts, we were best mates in high school in class 7R or something like that. Turns out Xtina is a content producer for the website of a major radio network in Australia (my old home).

Over dim sum, Xtina gives me some good advice as I explain my dilemma about deciding how to approach the website project for this course.

Content is King she says and it clicks that obviously all those internet marketing websites that give the same advice, are not just talking about any content, about content for the sake of content - I need interesting content!

Its all about narcissism and voyeurism she says - people look at you so that you'll look at them. She speaks the truth.

Maybe she is right - even if I were to go the personal route, talking about my adventures - won't developing interesting content help me professionally as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment